Incentives or other healthy rewards can help encourage participation in your company’s wellness program. According to a recent study by Cornell University, people who achieve immediate and frequent rewards for completing tasks enjoy their work more.1 Another study conducted by Dr. Aaron Smith-McLallen, found employees who took part in a wellness program that offered incentives or enhanced features logged more steps, lost more weight and reported greater improvements in their mood and energy levels.2
Bottom line: Healthy rewards can increase participation and help employees reach health goals.3
Healthy rewards programs are not a one-size-fits-all approach. It’s important when creating your wellness program that you find out what type of healthy rewards will motivate and appeal to your employees. This could include several options:
- Gift cards to local restaurants and local retail establishments
- Discounts or exclusive discount codes to popular retailers
- Gym memberships
- Fitness equipment or discounts on exercise equipment
- Access to healthy food delivery services
- Coupons or discounts for exercise clothes
Go365® uses a personalized approach that enables and rewards members to take steps towards good health. Go365 Points and Bucks serve as healthy rewards for members who complete a variety of activities. Members are incentivized to participate in physical fitness, as well as everyday activities that contribute to overall health. They can earn Points for Health Assessments, getting flu shots, keeping a sleep diary, accessing a virtual well-being coaching resource and more.
Designed specifically to meet employees wherever they are on their well-being journey, Go365 offers a highly configurable healthy rewards program.
Go365 has built-in flexible options to accommodate each employer’s organizational culture and budget. Standalone and self-funded employers have the choice to remove options from the Go365 Mall and/or from the direct-to-consumer apps.
Find out more about the healthy rewards that Go365 offers or request more information about Go365’s wellness program by filling out this formOpens in new window.
- “New Research Suggests Frequent Rewards Can Improve Motivation, Performance at Work,” BioSpace, last accessed June 14, 2021, https://www.biospace.com/article/new-research-suggests-frequent-rewards-can-improve-motivation-performance-at-work/Opens in new window.
- “Extra Incentives Boost Results From Workplace Walking Program,” Reuters, last accessed June 14, 2021, https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-wellness-walking-motivation-idUSKCN0ZN1SIOpens in new window.
- “Financial rewards for employee healthy behavior,” County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, last accessed June 14, 2021, https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/take-action-to-improve-health/what-works-for-health/strategies/financial-rewards-for-employee-healthy-behaviorOpens in new window.
Go365 is not an insurance product and is not available with all Humana health plans. This is a general description of services which are subject to change. Please refer to Customer Support for more information.